MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stopping things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We are now getting a few members that are signing up and having trash put in their signatures - ie robots for stupid websites...

how do we stop this?

thanks
Get an anti-spam plugin is what I'd suggest. I recommend Stop Forum Spam and Fassim Anti-Spam. As for the current bots, carry out your action, i.e. ban or delete. Smile
'stop forum spam' <- not heard of that one

'fassim' <- wouldn't work...

thanks
you can't stop spammer but you can minimize them by use recaptcha.
i was facing same problem a few days back, the default captcha is not strong enough so i used recaptcha, now i have less spammer Smile.
secondly check this post too
http://community.mybb.com/thread-63764.html
brill thanks will do
tried recaptcha III and got error of

Could not open socket

so any ideas would be gratefully received...
For reCAPTCHA, use II by janota/whatever his name is. That one works the best. As for Fassim, you gotta request an API key from their site if you didn't know.
As for SFS, they're a well-known anti-spam place. Smile
fassim wouldn't work even with the key.. will try version 2...
the stop spam mod one completion of registration comes up with a screen full of woffle and then carries on - have posted a screen print in a different post about this.
Could not open socket

so it could be the server we are on
reCAPTCHA Plugin (1.1)
Allows image verification provided by ReCAPTCHA
Created by Jim Booth

i am using above plugin, and is working fine for me, just configure it properly and disable your default captcha
yep - done all that

get same answer
I've installed number II and filled in the key numbers, but in general config if you put no then it doesn't show up...
You mean for the normal CAPTCHA option? Of course you have to have that turned on, as it replaces it. I think.
Pages: 1 2