MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nintendalgia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: logo.png]

Nintendalgia's been around since August of 2009 - a little over a year - and is my longest-running forum. We have discussions catering to the classic Nintendo games of yesteryear. Ranging from the NES to GameCube, we aim to bring people back to the early days of Nintendo as best as we can.

http://www.nintendalgia.com/

We currently have 155 registered members, 1,460 posts in 236 threads (not very good for existing for a year, I know) with honestly not a lot going on. I'm kinda desperate for more active members that can help out in any way. If you decide to join the forum, my name on there is Link.

Comments are welcome, as well as gentle criticism. By gentle, I mean keep it as friendly as possible.
The theme feels more like XBOX/PS3/PC gaming than Nintendo Toungue
^ That.

But other wise I like it. I think your boards could be set up slightly differently but its good.

And as for your theme, look for a light theme that'll match the Nintendo series really good.
If you want activity, you need unique, compelling content and features. Develop a plan for that.
Thanks for the feedback.

The theme, I know, does look more like modern gaming but the reason I chose it was 'cause Trinit went ahead and ported the theme. I would love to have a more Nintendo-looking theme but I am flat broke. As for the forum layout, please let me know how it could be improved.
Bump!

Lots has been changed. Examples would be removal of WordPress and forums moved to root, new theme, plethora of plugins, new members, and I changed my username. Feel free to join if you'd like.

I shall edit the first post with the changed link (and fix the image). ^^
Pros: Great solid theme, good looking portal, and well laid out forum. Ability to connect with Facebook is always good and unique, seeing that Facebook becomes more and more like someone's internet ID over time...

Cons: Theme is too dark and out of context, content is not innovative meaning people will look for other sources to satisfy their ninteldalgia. More interesting content will most definitely fix your inactivity problems. Forum has useless features, keep the chat for when you're big and active. As a rule of thumb, apply the KISS principle to forums. (Keep it simple stupid) As you grow, gradually increment feature list. Too much features confuses people and intimidates posting and interaction. Furthermore, it spreads your activity around making your forum look empty.

Overall Score: 7.5/10

Thanks for the rating. I'll try to work more on the cons and make it better.