MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Showcase rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really think the show case rules need ammending,
I wanted to let the community know that my mybb site was 1 year old but i can not do this, as the rules prevent me.
I have a thread is showcase forum that i have already bumped 3 times in a row although one was answering a comment that had been made.
so to prevent my showcase thread getting closed and breaking toe rules i decided to let people know i would start a new thread, but this got closed.
so the rules either need ammending in the showcase forum or they should let you post more than 1 topic about your forum i was intending on just leting the community know that i had reached one year.
I was not actually showcasing it or trying to promote it in any way as i had already done in the showcase.
If there is interest in the board people will reply thus bumping it for you. The rule is prevent the same forums staying at the top all the time even though nothing has changed.
Yes i am aware of the reasons behind it but why have 2 different rules only bump 3 times in a row and only bump 5 times in total
why not just have the 5 bump rule.
Yes, Alex is right. If even after three bumps there were still no replies then obviously people aren't interested. Furthermore, after these rules were added we emptied showcase and allowed everyone to make a fresh new showcase thread so it's not like the rules were changed after you bumped your thread three times.
I'm also aware that the rules was already in place i just don't see why the thread got closed when it was never intended to be a promotional thread which the showcase forum is. it was to mearly let people know the site was a year old.
I never even included a link to the forum.
(2010-11-12, 02:09 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also aware that the rules was already in place i just don't see why the thread got closed when it was never intended to be a promotional thread which the showcase forum is. it was to mearly let people know the site was a year old.
I never even included a link to the forum.

The link is in your sig, I know when you made that thread I myself clicked on the link in your sig to see your forum Toungue

But, I think the rules are fine. If no one is discussing your thread after you bump it there is no interest.

I was not aware that there is a 5 bump rule max?? I don't think thats right...
Yes, but you have to remember replying to someones comment on your forum doesn't count as a bump. You shouldn't be bumping your thread every other day.
I only ever bump when i make a significant change like a new theme. which was once.
The Showcase forum is abused enough as it is, we're not going to relax the rules.

You've bumped your thread and still have bumps left so I don't really see what the problem is.
Well the problem is i had posted 3 times in a row and thought that would count as 3 bumps probably a bit of confusion on my part.
Pages: 1 2