MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Migrating website to a new host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I imported my database in myphp admin and downloaded all of my mybb files and folders via filezilla and changed the dns nameservers. Then uploaded everything to the new server and got a sql error about index page something something, sorry I didnt write it down.

So I redownloaded mybb and grabbed the install folder and uploaded to server and did the regular install but it said something about upgrade is the correct way to do this?

Basicly I dont want to have to reinstall everything new and make all those changes to the templates and theme. The new host has cpanel, is there anything special I need to about cpanel?

Oh yeah so I just tested and installed a brand new mybb and just uploaded the database and still none of my database was there.

Thanks for reading,
Algorithm
Without knowing what the SQL error you got was there's nothing we can do, it could be something that takes 30 seconds to fix...

Upload files to new host.
Create database on new host.
Import backup to new database.
Edit ./inc/config.php to point to new database.

There's not much more to it than that.
(2010-11-12, 05:03 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Without knowing what the SQL error you got was there's nothing we can do, it could be something that takes 30 seconds to fix...

Upload files to new host.
Create database on new host.
Import backup to new database.
Edit ./inc/config.php to point to new database.

There's not much more to it than that.

Yeah i didnt edit that ./inc/config.php to point to the new database. I give it a shot and reply back later thanks.