MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What to do??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You don't use the Cpanel password on any other site?

And, he still could've done some damage with FTP.
Nope. And the other owner is a manager of my CMS project.
He could've gotten a virus as well. Have him check.
I'll ask him.

Here is a copy of the reply to the abuse report I sent to my host:
Quote:Hello

I have just received this report and I am absolutely appalled as you are to find this has happened. Here are some facts:

1) I have not touched FTP OR CPANEL since the 22nd September.
2) The IP address of where the attack originated from is NOWHERE NEAR related to the IP that I always use (which is 95.146.*.*). If you check the cpanel records, you'll notice that I haven't changed IP's at all.
3) I'm 17 years of age. I'm also incapable of carrying out any such phishing attacks and I'd certainly wouldn't even think of trying to do so. Plus, I don't have any reason to target Yahoo.com whatsoever.
4) I haven't been creating subdomains since I started hosting with you guys. There is just no reason for me to do this.

I have evidence to believe that the account has been compromised and that I have no real reason whatsoever (based on the above) to attempt to steal ANY CREDIT CARD DETAILS FROM ANY INDIVIDUAL BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE THE EXPERTISE OR EVEN KNOW-HOW TO DO SO.

Please unsuspend my site as soon as possible and I want the offending content removed IMMEDIATELY.

Thank you.
<snip - not giving out my real name to other people>

Here's an update. My account was indeed compromised from an offending IP and hawkhost managed to restore my site. Parts of it are still broken at the moment, but everything should be fixed Smile Big Grin
Pages: 1 2