MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wanting to bang my head against the wall.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have decided that instead of running a forum, I would relearn HTML seeing as how html5 is now out.

Well, I am wondering why they don't call it XHTML5, seeing as how XHTML is just extended HTML.

Or am I missing something here?
HTML5 is a HTML - Just with new stuffs.
XHTML 2 was dropped as HTML 5 incorporated many of it's advantages. Basically the X was for XML(added in to the HTML).

And, darkly is pretty much right if you know (x)html you won't have a problem with HTML 5. It's very logical and personally I feel it will be nice to get away from all the divs that came about with tableless designs and CSS.

Also to my knowledge it's not finalized yet either (much like CSS3).
It's dumb how HTML and XHTML are both being supported as two ways to build a website. I wish they'd pick one to maintain and slit the other's throat. HTML5 seems like a combo of both, but it still allows crap like <BR>.
CAwesome HTML5 is exactly what you want Toungue. XHTML2 has already been dropped.
(2010-11-13, 11:07 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]It's dumb how HTML and XHTML are both being supported as two ways to build a website. I wish they'd pick one to maintain and slit the other's throat. HTML5 seems like a combo of both, but it still allows crap like <BR>.

A-Freaking-men to that!

I wish they would hurry up and finalize it and teach it one way, not two ways.