MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: suggestion for a feature 1.6.3/2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
i've got an idea that will make all admins life a lot easier and think it should be added asap.
Banning members in one click.
To achieve this it would be a good idea to have this as a link or button in the members profile obviously only viewable to people with banning permissions. When this button is pressed it takes you to the page with the name already entered then you fill in the reason and length.
I just realised this feature is already available in admin cp, but i think it would be useful if you could do it via members profiles.
Isn't this exactly what the "Ban this user in Mod CP" link does?
^ yes. Labrocca also has a Quick Ban plugin that permabans with one click.
What about moving users to another group in one (maybe 2 or 3 if you count choosing it in the select box) click(s)? On my SPAMBB board it would have been so nice if I didn't have to load the Admin CP every time I want to move a user to the Spammer! group.
(2010-11-14, 12:02 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't this exactly what the "Ban this user in Mod CP" link does?

Yes AJ i believe it is well i was either totally blind and missed it or i'm going stupid despite having been in the profiles hundreds of times guess i just missed it but sure i've actually used the feature before.
To expand on the word banning is the need for the word SUSPENDED to show up under the users title.

The word banned make it seem that person is gone permanently.When actually some of the time they are temporarily stopped from posting.

This way forum members will know whether the offending member is gone permanently or temporarily gone.The way it is now only the moderator who "banned" someone knows if the person is coming back or not.
Why not just make a member group called suspended and then when you temp ban them move them in to that group.
(2010-11-14, 04:26 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just make a member group called suspended and then when you temp ban them move them in to that group.

Does the word SUSPENDED show up under the members avatar/username?

The point is to inform the members of the forum that the person is suspended.They can not know otherwise since they have no access to the ACP.
(2010-11-14, 05:02 PM)Sunsettommy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-14, 04:26 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just make a member group called suspended and then when you temp ban them move them in to that group.

The point is to inform the members of the forum that the person is suspended.They can not know otherwise since they have no access to the ACP.

Which is why he said make a members group. You can give their usernames a special look like banned members have a line through their username, or a badge, or whatever you want to make them look different...
(2010-11-14, 05:04 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-14, 05:02 PM)Sunsettommy Wrote: [ -> ]

Which is why he said make a members group. You can give their usernames a special look like banned members have a line through their username, or a badge, or whatever you want to make them look different...

I get it now.It was so obvious and I did not think of it.Thanks for the help.

Blush
Pages: 1 2 3 4