MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is this site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On a Dedicated server?

because the speeds of this, are way faster then any other mybb board I've seen...

Thanks.
Indeed. Speeds are not just the server, location, how good a line etc.
Well from my viewing pleasure with experiencing mybb for a couple years.. This site has always been faster then any other default theme/mybb sites i've been to.

I just want to upload this baby to my shared hosting account, (as in my tutorial I did) and I want to see the speeds difference.

Luckily my shared hosting is like a dedi, bcz only couple people use that 1 rack Smile

But, this software is indeed fast, I just need to do some tests, or maybe you can help. about the bandwidth consumption of maybe 30people online posting 24-/7 compared to a phpbb3 bandwidth consumption (for 1month)

Thanks

PHPBB3 consumption with 30people online 24/7 with a default theme is about 16GB bandwidth/month

I need to know what mybb will be with a default theme.
That test could vary so much, the CSS could be optimized, images, theme, etc. It'd be an unfair test really.
Well...

16GB isn't that bad, GZIP Compression is turned on.

I kinda wan't to know the bandwidth mybb uses from 1month... you guys have alot more members on, and if it's lower then 16gb, I might switch to mybb. Smile
It all depends on your website.

1. - How the theme is optimised like Mark.M pointed out, including CSS, images etc.
2. - Your server.
3. - If your going to be using the MyBB default theme, then you won't get very far! A good forum needs a custom theme.

My website www.host4post.com uses around 3GB of bandwidth a month, a little more or a little less depending on the month.

As I said, it all depends on your website. And i am sure you cannot use 16GB of bandwidth, you would have to have a lot of members / visitors to use that much space. And if you did have a big forum, you would probably get enough money to buy extra bandwidth or a VPS.

Hope that helps, but it sounds like to me, you might not know enough info, than you need to.