MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Peace Keepers - Clan Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just showing it off, no need to join... unless you play Total War games. Toungue
It is still UNDER CONSTRUCTION, some things are missing and other pictures will be changed.

CnC, input, suggestions are welcome!

http://www.peacekeepers.0sites.org/

It takes far too long to load in a browser!
I know! I hate it too!

But my host is experiencing problems, ddos attack i think, so I really cant do anything about it. Toungue
(2010-11-14, 12:07 PM)Gwyndane Wrote: [ -> ]But my host is experiencing problems, ddos attack i think, so I really cant do anything about it. Toungue

If that's the case they should have at least moved the site being attacked to a different sever so it's not hurting other customers. Or, just suspended it and rerouted traffic to it.

If you're on a free host I would recommend getting a paid one or a better on as 0sites.org even goes to a "default web site page".
I tried byethost, which is supposed to be the best free one, but compared to 0000free, it was inferior.

BTW, the host is 0000free, not 0sites. The admin also mentioned, they couldn't find the ddos attacked site yet, that is why the server is still slow. And that:

"We are in the process of deploying an anti-ddos hardware device to protect this server, and it will be online today. It may take another 24-48 hours to learn the patterns and block them fully."

I guess we just have to sit it out. But i hope the forum looks more or less decent, any thoughts on that?
I really like the style you use. The theme is nice and generally all of the colors work together to create a nice smooth layout. The only issue I had was that the overall theme is dark and then you scroll down and are greeted by a white (bright) shoutbox and MyBB standard footer. I'd probably just get change the bg color of the MyBB footer (Contact Us | Site link | Return to Top | etc...).

Again, it's a beautiful forum!
Yup, I hanged the footer (didnt have time until now).

Still not done though entirely, im planning to ad separate forum icons, just gotta figure out what theme to use.

Thanks for the critique Isabel, much appreciated!
move shoutbox to the top, get rid of the snow, get custom buttons. pretty nice so far.
(2010-11-18, 08:49 PM)~Rs Wrote: [ -> ]move shoutbox to the top, get rid of the snow, get custom buttons. pretty nice so far.
Funny, first thing i did was disable all javascripts on his site with ABP just because it annoyed me ^^.

Got rid of the snow, and working on the custom buttons now, i used this tutorial:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-53881.h...orum+icons

but it messed up the images behind the category titles, its all black now
Pages: 1 2