MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Footer/Bottom of container extends below browser on index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did a quick search to no avail.

My index page's container goes on infinitely beyond the browser. When I click on a forum the container ends abruptly about 30 px above the bottom of the browser. How can I correct this? Is this CSS or HTML related?

Thank you in advance.
URL?
Or if you don't want to provide a url.
a screenshot athough a url will help us determine if it is browser related, mybb related or some thing to do with your computer.
I would have no problem providing a URL. unfortunately its on my local machine. Here are some screenshots.

Thanks again for your help.
Just as an update. It shows up fine in firefox. The bottom of the container shows up normal and consistent. However I am not logged in to the forum on the firefox browser. As a matter of fact it will not let me log in. When I do log in it gives me the confirmation notice that I am logged in however it take me to the index which says "welcome guest" yet again.

I do not have this problem in safari. I do not know if the problem would persist in firefox should the debug section appear due to login. I am now wondering if the debug section is causing my problems.

I have cookie settings at

.localhost
and
/

I am somewhat new to this. I am using firebug to debug the html and css and am trying everything I can. Help me help myself. Thank you again.

@AJ - I looked at your website, "Pet Forums", and it is amazing. Exactly what i am trying to do with mine except for paramedic students and the like.

You guys are awesome! Hope to be as good as you all someday. This is definitely an art.
Also, I have two tabs open side by side. One is pointed at the forum index. And one is pointed at the factory "My Forum" that comes OEM. If I am looking at the index page, then select the tab pointed to the forum, I notice that the entire container shifts about 10-15 pixels to the right.

Confused.
Heres my CSS if that helps.
Think I may have found the problem. I dont think my container was long enough to fill the space. My bad guys, I'm an idiot. I added a few forums and voila the margins and padding are correct.

Having said that, the container still "moves" to the right when I switch views. Any thoughts?

Thanks again.