MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PNG for the images?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just because GIF is a pain in the lime to code alpha channels for, and the default theme looks horrible when you change the colour scheme.

I imagine this has been suggested before, but I couldn't find it in search because "PNG" is too short a search term.
Not what I was asking for, but thanks anyway.

What I mean is, can the transparent image pack be PNG's instead. Because then we can have alpha support and things like that.
What are you asking? It's not really clear.

There's nothing to stop you using PNG's in your theme.
(2010-11-15, 12:36 AM)darkly Wrote: [ -> ]http://mods.mybb.com/view/mybb-transparent-image-pack

Doesn't have the updated images.
(2010-11-15, 01:07 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]What are you asking? It's not really clear.

There's nothing to stop you using PNG's in your theme.

I know that, but it's a pain to try and port the default theme from GIF to PNG - you have to edit each individual template.

What I mean is, is there an easier way to support PNG files, so that you could technically just upload them and have them work?

Or would that bloat the software too much?
For now you can simply name your PNG files as GIF and they will work.
(2010-11-15, 01:19 AM)starzmon Wrote: [ -> ]Or would that bloat the software too much?

lol really

As mentioned above, rename to .gif. Other than that, you'd have to go through each template or use a 404-redirect to redirect from .gif to .png (some vb mod did this).
You could write a SQL query couldn't you?
Wouldn't work for hard coded images like in the javascript files (i.e. the expander images). I just do the s/\.png/.gif trick for my themes, it works fine and every browser I've tried handles it.
Pages: 1 2