MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What happens when you create a site and leave it alone for 1+ years?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This happens:
http://angelisland.tk/forums/

Our members have made a total of 2 posts in 2 threads.
We currently have 228 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, nastya2041
The most users online at one time was 21 on 10-17-2010 at 02:41 PM
6 months.. that site has been open 6 months.
Lots of people crave for getting "members". Thats [b]THE[\b] real solution Big Grin
I'm surprised there isn't more spam. On my pals SMF forum, he gets at least a hundred spammers a day. It didn't help any since we got locked out of the admin panel either. I'm not even sure how that happened still. :/
Wow, 100!?!? That sir, is crazy. And, look at all those members - and that horrid design.
Blush

I'm ashamed to say I too have totally neglected the forum on one of my hobby sites (an online radio).

Here are the stats:
I installed the forum sometime late 2008 or early 2009

Our members have made a total of 21 posts in 11 threads.
We currently have 827 members registered.

Of the 827 only a handful are legit users, others are all spammers. I disabled the signatures a while back but they still keep coming.
Of the 11 threads, about 3 are legit with about 10 posts among them Wink

On a positive note I have been pondering over the access logs and learning just exactly how these spammers work their way on the site, maybe I'll get some insight.

Probably all spam bots regged.
Spambots seem to love MyBB forums. When I left one of my communities alone for a while, I got loads of spammers regging.
Apparently they love SMF even more, about nine hours later and I had seventeen spam bots register. :/ Time to go delete them now.
These free forum software's are such a hotspot of spambots. vBulletin and IPB rarely get any spambots.
Pages: 1 2