MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New install - getting parse error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is the error I'm getting:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /hsphere/local/home/mbscotta/vbfnewzealand.org/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 481

This is a brand new install of the latest release... I downloaded it yesterday.

I have two other websites on the same server with MyBB installed and they are fine.

Thanks,

Missy
where are u getting this error exactly?

regards
Please try to reupload the file inc/functions_post.php. See if that fixes your problem.
The error is

http://vbfnewzealand.com/forum/

so, it's right on the index.

I have re-uploaded the file... no fix.

thanks,

Missy
if you have modified any template, revert them

regards
No, I haven't modified anything at all. I unzipped it, uploaded it, chmod'ed the appropriate files and folders (and only those), deleted the install directory.

On the same server, I have two other web sites with My BB installed (the preview release), and they are fine.

I tried deleting and installing the previous PR release, but I got the same error message, except a different line number. The line in question is:
	$post['profilelink'] = "<a href=../../Upload/inc//%22%22.str_replace(%22%7Buid%7D%22, $post['uid'], PROFILE_URL)."\">".formatname($post['username'], $post['usergroup'], $post['displaygroup'])."</a>";

Any other ideas will be most appreciated!

Missy
It seems like the file on your computer is corrupt, either that or your FTP client is corrupting it when uploading.

Please also make sure your FTP client is uploading the files in ASCII mode and not binary mode.
Well, I had thought of that, but usually my FTP program doesn't screw that up. In any case, I reinstalled everything, making sure it was in the right mode.

Same error, though.

Thanks,

Missy
I'd say your download from the site is corrupt or something like that then.

$post['profilelink'] = "<a href=../../Upload/inc//%22%22.str_replace(%22%7Buid%7D%22, $post['uid'], PROFILE_URL)."\">".formatname($post['username'], $post['usergroup'], $post['displaygroup'])."</a>";
That is not standard MyBB code. It's a few different things all mixed up and mashed together.
I will try a fresh new download then and let you know how it turns out!

Missy
Pages: 1 2