MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS disappears on save
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to edit a theme's css and every time I hit save, all the code disappears on me. I copied and saved the code for safety and tried pasting the whole css code in again and it keeps disappearing.
Sometimes it stays in the editor on save but the style does not show on the board upon refresh.

I've been working with this all day and then suddenly it started doing this about half an hour ago.

Codepress is OFF due to that being buggy.

This is a theme that I'm only changing out images and colors, no new template edits. This is a good working theme on one of my sites now. 1.6 compatible.

Has anyone had this issue?
Could it be possible that my server is to blame? I talked with my tech at the hosting company and she does not think it could be. I agree with her, but I had to ask to make sure.

If this is a bug, feel free to move this to the bug reports forum.
Does it happen in any other browser?? Codepress is the only thing that is known to cause something like this, and it's weird if it just started happening suddenly...
I'm using Firefox on a Mac OS 10.6. Give me ten minutes to test it out on Safari. It's pretty erratic right now. It was working while I waited for a reply and now it's not again.
Well, that didn't take long. It's doing it in Safari as well.

codepress is OFF and has been. This is the first time I've had this happen on theme editing/creating.
what's really weird is that the code stays sometimes but does not show on the skin on page refresh.

Matt, if you need admin access let me know and I'll pm you links and passwords. it's a test board so you can mess around all you want.
OK well, I started having issues uploading images to this test board now. Thinking the worst, a virus in my Mac, I called Apple support after restarting and testing other things.

We determined it is the database gone to crap, so I'm going to wipe it out and start with a fresh install. Good thing there's nothing important on there!

I'll keep you posted as to the results once I do the fresh install. I think that should solve this though.
Well, it turns out that the database was completely corrupted. The fresh install worked fine and things are progressing as normal.

I'll mark this as solved.