MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: when i register, change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i wanna do so that when a user is register , or is changing his password or when he resets the password via mail(aka lost password) the new password (new user) be updated/included in my website users table (is different from mybb_users) so what shoud i edit ?!
+
how to create cookies when user is loggin in (i wanna do a single login)
when a new password is set, it will be automatically updated
i know but how to do so that the password be updated in my website table and in mybb table do you undestand ?
Instead of having separate tables for the users for your website and mybb, why don't you have your website read the mybb user table instead?

This way you can have all the user info in a single table and you'll reduce the overhead of updating passwords in 2 different tables everytime they're updated.
ok this is a good idea but what about login i use diferent cookies Sad + how mybb makes the difference between a user and a visitor ?!
(2010-11-16, 02:26 PM)Evollution Wrote: [ -> ]ok this is a good idea but what about login i use diferent cookies Sad + how mybb makes the difference between a user and a visitor ?!

Since your site and forum are on the same domain you can access the mybb cookies using your script.

MyBB differentiates between a guest and a user by the uid:

$mybb->user['uid'] == 0 << Guest

Any other positive number is a user.
$mybb->user['uid'] == 0 << Guest ok but how to include this in mywebsite i need to inclode some file in my index site so that my website recognize these functions like

$mybb->user['uid'] == 0 << Guest