MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: arrow_down.gif Missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is pretty strange... and long.

I get a small down arrow like this: [Image: t7nb7l.jpg] when I am viewing a thread that is part of a sub-forum that is bigger than one page. The arrow is not a picture. I can copy and paste it into notepad as text. Just recently, I have been getting a small box in place of that down arrow that symbolizes a link to a missing image (arrow_down.gif).

I logged into my site through FTP and found out that arrow_down.gif was indeed missing.

I went and opened up one of the backups of my site from a while ago (~3 weeks) and was surprised to see that there was no such file in the backups either!

Now, all of a sudden, the little down arrow is showing up WITHOUT me doing anything. I have tried non-cached refreshes before, but it just works now for no apparent reason. I checked for the image and it is STILL not there.

I'm very confused. :/
The arrow only shows up when there is 2 or more pages of thread in the forum. Smile
You'll also need it in the image folder for your theme, doesn't look like it's in there.
(2010-11-16, 09:54 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You'll also need it in the image folder for your theme, doesn't look like it's in there.

I know. Why would it be missing though? It's not even in the backup I made RIGHT AFTER I installed the theme.

(2010-11-16, 12:08 PM)APag96 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-16, 09:54 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You'll also need it in the image folder for your theme, doesn't look like it's in there.

I know. Why would it be missing though? It's not even in the backup I made RIGHT AFTER I installed the theme.

Because the theme doesn't have it? :s
The theme you have didn't have it when you installed it. You can make your own, or get the one from the default MyBB theme.

upload it to /images.

It'll look something like this, (the one i made for my forum)

[Image: arrow_down.gif]
Thanks for your help everyone!

MarkW7, With your permission, I would like to use the one that you made. Is that fine?
Yeah, no problem. Smile
Thanks! Wink