MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good site to buy a domain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Namecheap.
Name.com Namecheap is worded weirdly, maybe because i only used it recently and the basicness of it is confusing as it has a different meaning to me. Damn, Cratylus was right.
GoDaddy have very unfriendly policies. I used to use godaddy for all my domains and would recommend it to any clients I had but not anymore.

What turned me away after being with them for years was when they charged me a $9.95 "admin fee" because someone had complained to them that the whois info was incorrect for my domain. The domain initially had private registration and when that expired somehow the phone number got reset to 000-000-0000 and godaddy would not hear it, according to them I was responsible to have it changed even though it was not my fault that it reverted that way.

While ICANN does specify that the whois should be correct GoDaddy is the only registrar I know that will immediately charge you without any warning.

After charging they give you a short time (I forget but I think it was something like 14 days) to correct the whois info or have the domain taken away from you, after which they charge you $100+ to restore it!

Moved everything to namecheap.com and have never had a problem since then.
Namecheap

/thread.
Call me a newbie, but I use SecureSignup.net. Just because the money for domains I have no problem with, and they're reliable and go perfectly with my hosting.
I use Godaddy and name.com Wink
Tossup between NameCheap and Netfirms, imo. NameCheap has some of the best prices around, but I can't stand their site. I like the Netfirms UI but their prices aren't as competitive.

It's a give and take, really. Are you looking for cost or ease of use?
(2010-11-18, 06:15 AM)andymci Wrote: [ -> ]Tossup between NameCheap and Netfirms, imo. NameCheap has some of the best prices around, but I can't stand their site. I like the Netfirms UI but their prices aren't as competitive.

It's a give and take, really. Are you looking for cost or ease of use?

Both? I'm using co.cc since I can't find a site for domain registering that I can rely on
Namecheap, for sure.
Pages: 1 2