MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disabling a few features?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a few features that I would like to disable on my forums.

The first is that I would like to disable the reputation system. Is there a way to do this? There doesn't appear to be any settings in there. (I currently do not have any mods installed, do i need to install some reputation system mod in order to disable the reputation system?)

A second thing I would like to disable is giving the users the ability to change their avatar. I still want users to be able to have them, just not change them or add one. So in effect, the users who currently have avatars will still have them and new users will not have any.

Thanks for the help.
OK, thank you for the information.

I seem to have missed this little manage group thing when exploring Mybb. Although I have to say that overall Mybb is the easiest free forum software to use and manage (from what I can tell so far).
Ok, I have gone to where you said above, and I am not finding the
$post[replink]
area.

I have posted below what is in that spot as directed above....

<tr>
<td class="$altbg" width="155" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap" align="center"><a name="pid$post[pid]"></a>
<strong><span class="largetext">$post[profilelink]</span></strong><br />
<span class="smalltext">
$post[usertitle]<br />
$post[userstars]
$post[groupimage]<br />
$post[useravatar]<br />
$lang->postbit_posts $post[postnum]<br />
$lang->postbit_group $usergroup[title]<br />
$lang->postbit_joined $post[userregdate]<br />
$lang->postbit_status $post[onlinestatus]$post[replink]<br />
</span>
</td>
<td class="$altbg" width="100%" valign="top">
<table width="100%">
<tr><td class="trow">$post[posturl]$post[icon]<span class="smalltext"><strong> $post[subject]</strong></span>
<p>$post[message]</p>
$post[attachments]
$post[signature]
<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;">
$post[editedmsg]
$post[iplogged]
</div>
</td></tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="$altbg" height="18" nowrap="nowrap" align="center"><span class="smalltext">$post[postdate] $post[posttime]</span></td>
<td class="$altbg" width="100%" valign="middle" height="18">
	<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
	<tr valign="bottom">
		<td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">$post[button_email]$post[button_pm]$post[button_www]$post[button_find]</span></td>
		<td align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="smalltext">$post[button_edit]$post[button_quickdelete]$post[button_quote]$post[button_report]</span></td>
	</tr>
	</table>
</td>
</tr>
$seperator

I have disabled the Reputation system in all of my groups, but I still get the text and the small graphic under the Avatar, and that is what I do not want. Can you provide some further information or help? Let me know if you need more info from me, Thanx!

Rev.
actually is there
$lang->postbit_status $post[onlinestatus]$post[replink]<br />
check it again
Wink even i can see it
LOL

ok, my bad guys. I swear I even used the search function to search the text and didnt find it.

Now I get to look dumb for my first post. lol
Hmmm......

Still shows. Do I have to do this for each skin/theme then to make sure it doesnt show up?
Yes you need to remove the variable in each template set.
I figured as much. Thanx for your help guys.

Couple other questions though...

1. - Is there an electronic document that gives infromation for all settings? I am a reader when it comes to stuff like this, so just curious.

**(see below)**2. - Since I am still learning where things are, can someone point me in the right direction to make the text under the avatar (i.e. post count, group, location, etc) left aligned as opposed to centered?****

3. - From looking at the templates, it seems I can use standard html/css to change things correct?

Again, thanx for the help guys, and the fast responses.

**(see below)**Ok, ignore Q2 - I just didnt look at it enough. I better question would be which type of element would I best be using? A DIV with align=left, or making a new TD and aligning it left?****

Ok, a DIV tag inserted works nicely. I also added a left padding of 10px to align it with the avatar, and also added another break to add a space beneath the avatar and the information. Sure most of you knew this, but I like being able to answer my own stuff. 8-)

I guess the only question I have at the moment is about Documentation....
Pages: 1 2