MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Want to remove Login button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i have installed mybb in my site but i want to remove login button is there any way i can remove that??
So.......how do you want your users to login??

Its in the header_welcomeblock_guest templates if you must
And how do you expect anyone to be able to access your site if you remove it???
actullay ive installed joomla and mybb n jfusion as a brodge between these two softwares so thats way i want my user to login through joomla Smile
(2010-11-16, 10:17 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]So.......how do you want your users to login??

so ive to remove the whole header_welcomeblock_guest templates ??
(2010-11-16, 10:45 AM)haseebahmed142 Wrote: [ -> ]actullay ive installed joomla and mybb n jfusion as a brodge between these two softwares so thats way i want my user to login through joomla Smile
(2010-11-16, 10:17 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]So.......how do you want your users to login??

Yes.
(2010-11-16, 10:35 PM)Vocaloid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-16, 10:45 AM)haseebahmed142 Wrote: [ -> ]actullay ive installed joomla and mybb n jfusion as a brodge between these two softwares so thats way i want my user to login through joomla Smile

Yes.

WHAT??? NO! You don't remove the whole block, just remove the code for the login, removing everything will remove your header elements too!
Here's my tutorial:

1. Go to Templates>Header Templates>header_welcomeblock_guest.

2. The template code should look like the following:
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.username = "{$lang->login_username}";
	lang.password = "{$lang->login_password}";
	lang.login = "{$lang->login}";
	lang.lost_password = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw\">{$lang->lost_password}<\/a>";
	lang.register_url = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register\">{$lang->welcome_register}<\/a>";
	lang.remember_me = "{$lang->remember_me}";
// -->
</script>
<span style="float: right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
		<span id="quick_login">{$lang->welcome_guest} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;">{$lang->welcome_login}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>)</span>

3. Remove the following part of the above code:
<span style="float: right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
		<span id="quick_login">{$lang->welcome_guest} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;">{$lang->welcome_login}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>)</span>

4. The result should be a blank bar at the top. Enjoy!

thanks man