MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Task Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Task manager.

I'm a little confused, what is it all about? When i was on my old host and receiving SQL issues i disabled and made some of the tasks run later, and more spread out. But i'm not totally sure what they do and what to enable and how often.

I know they offer brief descriptions, but nothing in-depth as to what and how they do it.

http://markwood.co.cc/donotdelete/MyBB_Task-Manager.png
Well, they run cleanup functions, send mass mail, run any pending group promotions etc. They run automatically, code in the footer checks if any tasks are due, and if they are, it runs them. it should be fine to leave all the timing settings as they are, you won't have tasks running all the time.
I'm just cautious in to what sort of things they do, the detail. Like "group promotion"? What does this entail.

Do you have a link / wiki on the details of each task? Smile
Group Promotion only runs if you have set any group promotions. What happens is that if a user meets a specified criteria for a group promotion, their primary/secondary usergroup will change when they log in.

You can find the wiki at the Wiki link in the header.
Group promotion actually sounds like what i need funny enough. So if a user hits 50 posts it'll auto-promote them?
When they next log in yes.
The task descriptions should be an ample explanation of what they do. They're nothing weird and wonderful.
Wiki just skims over.
http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Admin_CP_Task_Manager

Old sessions?
Delayed moderation?

they are broad topics, for someone with experience like yourself you'll know instantly what they are but others like myself have no clue.

It's like asking someone what car they have and they say Ford. Doesn't really give much info.
Old sessions are sessions that are old. If a session is stored that's older than 24 hours, it's deleted.

Delayed moderation is a new feature to delay moderation actions, and have them performed at a set time in the future, this task is what runs the delayed moderation actions.

There's not really much more that could be added to the descriptions without making them long paragraphs that explain everything they do in detail. They're not really that broad.
Thanks.

Just wondering your opinion on:

(Disabled) Thread Views
Automatically updates thread views every 15 minutes. This task will automatically be enabled or disabled when changing the 'Delayed Thread Views' setting.

Use this or the other, update when posted option.