MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users canot stay logged in (not a cookie problem)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 months ago I had a databse crash so installed a 1.4 6 month old backup of my forum. I then installed a 1.6 and pulled all the data off the 1.4 (merged) forum.

Ever since then some user accounts cannot stay logged into the forum. The cookie settings are correct as they always are. Ive tried deleting the accounts & getting the users to sign up again but still the same prob.

Ive done recount & rebuild and checked the settings file all with no change.
I have not experienced this problem with my account and other accounts are able to post on the forum no problem. It just seems to be affecting random accounts here & there. Im sure there is a logical explanation.

Does anyone know why this would be happening?
So it just goes back to being a guest?? URL and test account??
Yes it goes back to being a guest. Im wondering if its a CHMOD problem. I always CHMOD config & settings to 777 and have no problems. But after the database crash Ive set them to 666.
Ah, Ive logged in with an account that was supposedly not working and its fine for me. I think users will have to clear their cache.
(2010-11-16, 05:34 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]URL and test account??

It sounds like your cookies settings are in fact not quite correct, you might have .www at the start of the cookie domain which means you'd have to access the forum with www. in the URL for it to work, which would explain why it works for some people and not others.