MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.1.1 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Michael83 Wrote:No, the name db_mysql.php is correct. But the class is called databaseEngine with a capital "E". Can you please open the file inc/init.php and search for the line where the class is instantiated (around line 45):
$db = new databaseEngine;
See if the name is correct.

It's uppercase in the code.
I am confused with Chris' message to further update global.php file.

The code he was mentioning:
if(strpos(strtolower($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), "inc/init.php") !== false)

{

die("Direct initialization of this file is not allowed.");

}
simply does not exist.

The only one I found was:
if(strpos(strtolower($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), "global.php") !== false)
{
	die("Direct initialization of this file is not allowed.");
}
(please note "inc/init.php" in "fix" vs. "global.php" in original.

Chris basically mentioned to move the code but not to change it. So what is it?

Thank you.

EB
Argh, sorry - having a really bad day seeing as though I had to be up at 6am to be at work at 7am.

I updated the announcement - basically it just involves moving that block of code to above the commented "temporary fix" line.
Cool, but I noticed also another change in global.php that I haven't seen before and it was not presented in manual update:

in 1.1 it was
if((@ini_get("register_globals") || !@ini_get("gpc_order")) && (isset($_POST) || isset($_GET)))
{
	foreach(array_keys($_GET+$_POST) as $key)
	{
		unset($$key);
	}
}

in 1.1.1 it is
if((@ini_get("register_globals") || !@ini_get("gpc_order")) && (isset($_POST) || isset($_GET) || isset($_COOKIE)))
{
	foreach(array_keys($_GET+$_POST+$_COOKIE) as $key)
	{
		unset($$key);
	}
}

And yet another set:
in 1.1
if(isset($nosession[$mybb->input['action']]))

in 1.1.1
if(isset($nosession[$mybb->input['action']]) || isset($mybb->input['thumbnail']))

I am php idiot, but how it affects the script? I haven't introduced those changes because they were not listed in manual update.

EB
I tried restoring the old files from an offline copy of the 1.1 forums and I still get the error but it's on line 40 about the database engine.
Could it be that you uploaded an empty inc/config.php?
Simulationcity Wrote:I tried restoring the old files from an offline copy of the 1.1 forums and I still get the error but it's on line 40 about the database engine.
Can you send me (in a Private Message) FTP/SFTP login details for your forums and I'll take a look at get it fixed for you.

Chris
After upgrading to 1.1.1. I have problem of using Lite (Archive) Mode.

It displays correctly but none of the links are working. It looks like index.php should be updated in /archive directory. Any suggestion?

This is the example of the code generated when I want to go to certain forum in lite (Archive) Mode.

http://forums.eurodancehits.com/archive/index.php/forum-3.html
And the outcome is:

Not Found

The requested URL /archive/index.php/forum-3.html was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at forums.eurodancehits.com Port 80
Did you by chance have any modifications put in place so the archive mode would previously work?

This release doesn't make any modifications to the archive mode at all.
Chris Boulton Wrote:Did you by chance have any modifications put in place so the archive mode would previously work?

This release doesn't make any modifications to the archive mode at all.
Honestly speaking, I don't know. I haven't tested it recently, so problem could occur before but I simply did not know about it. Yesterday, for fun, I just tried it, and voila, it didn't work. I have several mods installed though.

Any idea what might be causing it? Any permissions to be set?

Thank you.

EB
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6