MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to merge 2 databases?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you merge 2 databases together? All it did for me when I followed the instructions was imported my database of 1.6 again, it didn't ask me for my other database or anything? Could anyone link me to a tutorial other than "Running the Merge System"?
If it didn't ask you for any database details I have no idea what steps you took. When you choose which software you're merging from, it asks you for the database details for the other database... it shouldn't just import the same database.
(2010-11-17, 09:25 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If it didn't ask you for any database details I have no idea what steps you took. When you choose which software you're merging from, it asks you for the database details for the other database... it shouldn't just import the same database.

Facepalm. I'll try again and will get back to you with my results.
Oh, did you put the details of the destination forum instead of the source forum?? It already knows the destination forum, that's where the merge system is actually being run from.
(2010-11-17, 08:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, did you put the details of the destination forum instead of the source forum?? It already knows the destination forum, that's where the merge system is actually being run from.

I actually just figured that out, so I kind of understand now.
Closed as requested.