MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Exclude Awaiting Activation grp from Newest Member (Board Statistics)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When a new member signs up, and is awaiting activation, currently they show up in the "Board Statistics" area as the newest member. Well, it may be that they don't get approved for some reason, so I would prefer that my existing members do not even see this person yet -- show them once they are actually part of the Registered Users group, and not before. Is there any way to exempt the "Awaiting Activation" group from this area, so they will only show up once they are part of the "Registered" group? My members are wasting time welcoming "new members" that haven't been activated yet -- many of which end up getting deleted, because they never take the time to respond to the mandatory questionnaire.

This has already been posted (here) as a bug, because I believe the standard behavior does not make sense. The MyBB developers have commented and said that this will not be changed in MyBB any time soon (or possibly never). Might anyone be able to make a plugin that will fix this problem? Thank you!!
Bump.
I have a fix for this but it is core file edits Sad
Share that Leefish, it would be helpful for all users. Smile
I am busy writing up a post on it now Yaldaram - it might be nice to get a more senior coder to check it though. I'm pretty new at this Smile

link to my notes: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forum-10.html
Bump for sweet justice. I too have noticed this, it's a problem
FYI, Leefish's edits worked out great for me. I thought I had already posted that here, but looks like I missed this thread. That being said, I still feel this is a bug that needs to be corrected. The default behavior is not sensible.