MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "PHP Mail sent" but no Activation Emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I seem to be having the no emails problem with myBB. New users (and my test acccounts) are receiving no activation emails or password reminders. Following the set instructions I uploaded the PHP mail file and when activated in my browser it outputs "Mail was sent by PHP", however I never get an email through.

I wasn't sure if I should follow through with the 2nd part of the help page, as it seems to be more geared towards those that fail the first check?

Any help is much appreciated.
(2010-11-17, 05:44 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Mail << tried this??

That page is what I was referring to when talking about uploading the mail file. I havn't contacted my hosts because it seems that the PHp mail function is working, but not correctly?
If you didn't get it, then you'll need to ask your host. This test is totally separate from MyBB, MyBB doesn't have any effect on it, so if you didn't get any email, it's nothing we can fix, as PHP mail itself isn't sending. Or you could try setting up SMTP mail. You could try the second part of the help page but it shouldn't really require that to work.
Ok guys thanks, I wasn't sure if it had "worked" or not Smile. Will give them a call.
Have you tried creating a test email account in your Hosting control panel, then sending an eamil from it?