MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS Editing problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've authored a simple theme that I plan on selling, however before putting it up for sale I wanted to go through and smooth out the rough spots and other little things that need fixing. Right now I'm basically down to one problem, but it's kind of a big one.

After importing the theme from the XML file, I can't edit the global.css stylesheet in "Simple" mode. It simply hangs up trying to load the page. I've gotten around it locally by editing the sheet in the XML file and re-importing, but I really don't want to force that on to my end users. All of the other sheets load fine. I have also just now tested and I can edit it in "Advanced" mode, so I would guess there's a problem with the CSS "parser" for the simple mode.

Can anyone think of any simple tricks I could use to get this working without significant modification to either my theme or core files?
Have you tried it on another host/mybb install? I've personally never run into this, though.
Odd, I just tried it on my main server and it worked with no problems using the same file.

PHP stats:
Localhost: 5.3.0
Main Server: 5.2.14
Strange indeed. I'd have to assume it's a local issue, then.
The only two differences AFAICT are 5.3 instead of 5.2.16 (which is probably the important one) and Windows instead of Linux.

This is basically the only thing keeping me from putting the theme up for sale, and it's kind of driving me nuts.

I'm also thinking this should have gone into bug reports instead of the themes forum...