MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Username Changes to All?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forgive me if this is the wrong section. I'm curious as to your thoughts with letting everyone change their username on your forum, or a forum. I allow my members to do it, because I believe you shouldn't be limited as to what people call you. So, just looking for what you think Big Grin
Personally, mainly due to the lack of control on this in MyBB, I don't allow it. Simply because it can get confusing if everyone is constantly changing their names really.
Well, that is actually one of the reasons I'm hesitant about it. With my relatively small community, the name change thing isn't a big deal. I might very well not allow it if I do get more popular...
I only allow name changes if it's an IPB forum, it handles it so much better. (Logging changes, keeping login name and display name separate)
(2010-11-18, 03:28 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, mainly due to the lack of control on this in MyBB, I don't allow it. Simply because it can get confusing if everyone is constantly changing their names really.
^ this

(2010-11-18, 03:28 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, mainly due to the lack of control on this in MyBB, I don't allow it. Simply because it can get confusing if everyone is constantly changing their names really.

Pretty much the same. While it would make an admins life a tiny bit easier it stops people from changing their name all the time and helps prevent bad names when things go sour.
Only the Management staff on my forums can change their username in the usercp.
(2010-11-18, 01:07 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]

Pretty much the same. While it would make an admins life a tiny bit easier it stops people from changing their name all the time and helps prevent bad names when things go sour.

Can't you block certain usernames? Well, I suppose even if you did, they could do like f_*_*_* or something...