MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Align User info to Left
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By default, the user name, rank, join date and post count are all aligned to the center. I'd like to align those elements to the left, but keep the user's avatar and online status at the center.

Any ideas how I can do that?
I'm not sure what you're talking about... post style wise, profile wise, what? 'm not very good at understanding I guess, lol Toungue
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough, I meant posting wise, when you see the poster's info on the left (using the classic style).
I figured it out.

1. Go to ACP>>Templates>>Whatever Template Set You Use>>Post Bit Templates>>postbit_classic.

2. Find the following:
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">	<tr>		<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>		<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />		<span class="smalltext">			{$post['usertitle']}<br />			{$post['userstars']}			{$post['groupimage']}			{$post['useravatar']}<br />			<p align="left">{$post['user_details']}		</span>	</td>

3. Replace with:
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">	<tr>		<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>		<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong>{$post['onlinestatus']}<br />		<span class="smalltext">			<p align="left">{$post['usertitle']}<br /></p>			<p align="left">{$post['userstars']}</p>			<p align="left">{$post['groupimage']}</p>			{$post['useravatar']}<br />			<p align="left">{$post['user_details']}</p>		</span>	</td>

There's no way that I can tell to keep the online status centered and the username on the left without creating a new line for the online status. However, this should get the result you're looking for.
Thanks, I knew how to center it just not where to look Smile

Oh and there's a simpler way to align everything to left:

simply change :

text-align: center;">

to

text-align: left;">
I thought you did; I just can't resist code copy-and-paste Toungue