MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Daily Forum Customization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys I'm running a MyBB v1.4.14 with a .htaccess that sends root domain visitors to a specific forum thread listing. (the only public forum configured currently) So basically you visit the domain and it appears as if you have already clicked into a forum category in MyBB and immediately shows the threads listing (forumdisplay_threadlist)

What I'd like to do is have one (multipaged) threadlisting for each day of the year (defined by that day's date) that automatically starts a new (blank) threadlisting at 12:00 a.m. every day with each previous day automatically relegated into a sort of seperate daily "archive" which is linkable from the 'today' threadlisting page as a link labeled 'yesterday' or any other respective day's date link.

I'm sorry if that sounds confusing but I just don't know exactly what to call this functionality and I don't want to call it the wrong thing so to avoid confusion.

The only advice I have to go on so far concerning this is as follows:

"experiment with either rewrite rules or $_GET variables and datecut"

If anyone who is experienced in PHP could lend me a hand I would appreciate it. I'll even give you my gift versions of HL2 & HL2EP1 just for helping me!