MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [split] Could not login into Admin area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed myBB yesterday and it seemed to working OK except for login problems which I read about om the forum. Now I get the 403 error
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/ on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Could this be caused by my hosting company?
Would have been much better to have made your own thread for this... I'll split this off to a new thread in a bit.

Have you got a .htaccess file in your forum root?? If you have, try renaming it to htaccess.txt if that doesn't work, look at your server error logs. A 500 error could be caused by any number of things.
I had a htaccess file in the root (purely to change the 404 error page) but I deleted it just to be on the safe side. The thing is I cant even get on to my website now. I never had any problems before I installed the myBB forum.
Thanks for the quick reply.

And was there anything in the server log?? Nothing else should be causing a 500 error, everything else is just normal PHP files.
I wasn't able to view the logs because a I can't get on to my website. I will contact my hosting company to see what they say.
Thanks.

So you can't even access your host control panel...?? That's where the logs are.
OK thanks. I will try that.

My host control panel also has 'Internal Server Error' when I try to view the logs. I have sent them details so its a matter of waiting.
Thanks again for your help.

Hosting support got in touch with me. They had a server problem which is now rectified so myBB is running smoothly again. It was just a coincidence the they had the problem the day after I installed myBB.
Thanks for all the quick replies.