MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Random errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!

Using the latest version of MyBB. I'm getting some random errors, at least one of which is a database error. Can anyone assist with these? I've attached screenshots.

The first screenshot (admin-chg user options) happened when i was trying to update a specific user's options in the admin cp.

The second (retrieve pword) happened when a user forgot their password. They entered their email address as requested, received the 'your pword has been sent to you' screen, and then that screen automatically switched to the database error shown on the attachment.

Forum is www.c-ompr-essio-nstoc-kingi-nfo.com (remove the dashes... I dont want my help request coming up in search engines!).

Also, As admin, I was trying to make 'subscribe to thread' the default for all 'registered' users. I looked in the options for the 'registered' group but didnt see that option. Can it be done?

Thanks so much!
[attachment=20551][attachment=20552]
Either you've upgraded from 1.4 to 1.6 and not done it properly or you've uploaded 1.4 files to your forum. Both of these are caused by having 1.4 versions of files running on a 1.6 forum.
Thanks Matt... So at this point, does this sound like a good way to move forward...

I'll download 1.6 again and upload. Before I do so, I will make a local copy of .htaccess and inc/functions.php because both of those were changed for the SEO plugin. Then after install of 1.6 is complete, I'll re-upload the .htaccess and inc/functions.php.

Other than that, I havent uploaded any 1.4 files, but I did have to change the 'compatibility' line in 2 plugins from 1.4 to 1.6.

Should I go thru all my plugins and make sure the compatibility line says 1.6?

Thanks!
The edited copy of functions.php will be what's causing the first one, you'll be using the 1.4 version. The 1.6 edited version is here: http://community.mybb.com/attachment.php?aid=19104

Uploading all the files again is a good idea to make sure everything's updated. The second error will be due to the ACP files not being updated, have you renamed your admin folder?? If you have, make sure the admin files are going inside the renamed admin folder.

Either that, or you're using a plugin that isn't fully 1.4 compatible; changing the compatibility in the file will make it install, but won't make it fully work if it's affected by the 1.4 > 1.6 changes. For example, with this error, it's trying to use the uid column in the moderators table, which was removed in 1.6, so (assuming the error is being caused by a plugin) even if you've changed the compatibility, it wouldn't work as it's running incompatible code.

When you said 'after install of 1.6 is complete', don't run the install or upgrade script again or anything, just upload the files again.
Wow... Ok, so I've downloaded the edited functions.php. It needs to just be renamed (from "functions.1.6-googleseo.php" to "functions.php" and uploaded to /inc..... good?

Backup .htaccess, Then I'll do a straight upload (overwrite) of the 1.6 files (no install wizards or scripts).

Next, I'll disable each plugin, one at a time, and check for errors to determine which is causing the problem.

Sound good?
By the way, no - I haven't renamed admin folder. That's too advanced for me! Smile
Yep, doing that should fix the first error.

Small thing I misread, I thought the SQL error happened in the ACP, not for password resets. Still the same steps to fix it though, if reuploading all the files again doesn't stop that error happening, then yeah, disable plugins one by one.
Ok, all done- uploaded fresh 1.6 files, renamed functions.1.6.goo.... to just functions.php , replaced the .htaccess in proper place, uploaded robots.txt .
Now the issue with retrieving password now works, but I cannot log in as admin... I get this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function forum_meta() in /home/content/h/e/a/health4429/html/forum/admin/index.php on line 406
Thoughts?
Make sure ./admin/modules/forum/module_meta.php is uploaded, and if it is, upload it again.
Wow... you're good! Ok, so now the issue that surfaced from resetting the password is all good. Also I am able to log in as admin again. But I tried to make a change to a user's account settings, and still get this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function trim_blank_chrs() in /home/content/h/e/a/health4429/html/forum/inc/datahandlers/user.php on line 235

I have not gone thru the plugins yet (compatibility checking), but I cant imagine this is a plugin issue because all I'm trying to do is to change the user's setting for 'Default thread subscription mode' from 'do not subscribe' to 'instant email notification'. The error comes as soon as I hit 'save user'.
Are you sure the edited version of functions.php I linked to above is renamed and in the right place?? I just checked and the function is inside that file. Are you certain it's in the inc folder and replaced the default copy of functions.php??
Pages: 1 2