MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How is this fair?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Buy the whole thing (not just an upgrade) for 1 pound more: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/173791
Even software is subject to export taxes I believe.
I love it when people think economies are the same everywhere and they should be paying an exact conversion rate
(2010-11-19, 05:11 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I love it when people think economies are the same everywhere and they should be paying an exact conversion rate

And why not?
I understand that import taxes may increase the price, but they could simply produce the DVD's here...

I dont see how they can justify the change in price. You can't change the price for a certain group of people because they are black can you? You can't do it because of sex. THus why can you do it because of geographical location.
(2010-11-19, 07:05 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]I dont see how they can justify the change in price. You can't change the price for a certain group of people because they are black can you? You can't do it because of sex. THus why can you do it because of geographical location.

That's a ridiculous comparison, seriously.

Taxes for doing business are different in different parts of the world. Different retailers to work with. Sometimes, different manufacturers. Not to mention different competition. If you don't like the price, don't buy it.
(2010-11-19, 07:05 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]I dont see how they can justify the change in price. You can't change the price for a certain group of people because they are black can you? You can't do it because of sex. THus why can you do it because of geographical location.

Still doesn't mean it would end up cheaper. If you produce it in a different country(or here in the US states even vary) your production, material, and labor costs all change. Not to mention the price of taxes of running a factory in that place plus any frills like healthcare benefits and what not.

Who knows making it in the UK may make it more expensive for you in the end...
Well, in terms of software, the manufacturing cost doesn't really change.
(2010-11-19, 07:28 AM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-19, 04:27 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]You should just be happy you get a discount in the first place, really.

I am, but I don't see how living somewhere else amounts to a 50% price rise.

Taxes and tariffs.
Tax is in no way the cause...

If they made them in the UK, and then sold them, they would only require the 17.5% VAT.

Im pretty sure the US has taxes to >_>
Income tax? Corporate tax? Are you sure you know wtf you're talking about?
Pages: 1 2 3