MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I don't know whether or not to make a Marketplace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Selling accounts on most MMORPGs is usually against the EULA and the companies might target your site for facilitating and providing users with an area to contravene their EULA. This is also a violation of most web hosting companies' Terms of Service. I would check with your host before proceeding or one day you might find your site offline when you wake up.

This of course is all assuming that these are the sales you meant. Wink
(2010-11-19, 03:04 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Selling accounts on most MMORPGs is usually against the EULA and the companies might target your site for facilitating and providing users with an area to contravene their EULA. This is also a violation of most web hosting companies' Terms of Service. I would check with your host before proceeding or one day you might find your site offline when you wake up.

This of course is all assuming that these are the sales you meant. Wink

That's a civil matter and is not illegal. Breaking an end-user license agreement is not against the law. However the company can sue you in civil court.

But to answer OP. Laws depend on where you are but take the largest online marketplace...Ebay. You can't sue them if a seller or buyer rips you off.

At HF staff does not get involved in deals or deal disputes.

Any online marketplace takes a very similar approach. Find me a forum with a marketplace where the owners of the forum take responsibility if a member rips you off. Even high-end escrow services don't actually cover you from being ripped off.
I never said it was illegal but a lot of web hosting companies prohibit their clients for violating other companies' EULA or licenses.
Just clarifying Kujoe for the uninformed.
Oh ok, it sounded like my post was misunderstood. Wink
Your forum isn't nearly active enough to warrant a market. Hack Forums has millions of users.
Pages: 1 2