MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who actually makes money from their forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
write down how much you make OR confirm if you do or not.
The only forum I operate which makes any income is NanoSkinners. Typically, not going to say exact numbers, we could afford a good, managed VPS and still have extra Wink
I do.
It varies, but it won't stop increasing.
(2010-11-19, 09:33 PM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]I do.
It varies, but it won't stop increasing.

thats good, its great to know there is a source of income.
Banners ads won't go far on a forum. Since it's something users visit daily, they become "immune" to clicking them. Especially if it's a tech forum where users know ads are ads.

Forums with premium memberships, and forums that sell stuff, usually make the most money.
(2010-11-19, 09:52 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Banners ads won't go far on a forum. Since it's something users visit daily, they become "immune" to clicking them. Especially if it's a tech forum where users know ads are ads.

Forums with premium memberships, and forums that sell stuff, usually make the most money.

the only way banner ads work though is if they are based on impressions and not clicked, for example, inetinteractive only use impression based banner ads, with clicks an added bonus, i believe
I don't keep tabs on exact figures but I'm probably losing money to be perfectly honest. But then again, I'm not really aiming to Toungue
I am making enough money to pay for my dedicated server 2.5-3 times over each month. Took a long time to get there though but I did not put a lot of effort into it.
(2010-11-19, 10:53 PM)Charlie Hadden Wrote: [ -> ]I don't keep tabs on exact figures but I'm probably losing money to be perfectly honest. But then again, I'm not really aiming to Toungue
Well everyone has be somewhere, im sure itll get better
(2010-11-19, 11:17 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]I am making enough money to pay for my dedicated server 2.5-3 times over each month. Took a long time to get there though but I did not put a lot of effort into it.
Good for you!

Dynaxel (plus its clients) make me a decent amount of cash flow.
Pages: 1 2