MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Predefine messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think having predefine messages for specific forums would be cool. Say you run a promotion forum, instead of having users copy and paste, just have them hit New Thread and the form for them to fill out is already there. It would be a neat feature to add on.
There is a plugin for this already:

http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-2408.html

It's paid, but yeah.
I wouldn't mind seeing some additional customizable fields, not sure about a default message though.
Better suited as plugin Wink
(2010-11-22, 06:31 AM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]Better suited as plugin Wink

agreed
(2010-11-22, 06:31 AM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]Better suited as plugin Wink

Well, being how simple MyBB's plugin system is, yeah that wouldn't be a bad idea. I know there's XThreads, but I haven't really explored it.
XThreads can do that standing on its head Smile Go take a look - its amazing what you can do with it.
/offtopic
i was hesitant at using xthreads at first...but now I can't imagine not using it. It triples the power of an already top notch software. You can create everything from photo galleries, link directories, garages, and whatever your imagination can come up with. this would be like pocket change to xthreads.

/ontopic
I too agree that this should be a plugin. Why bloat the software with things that can easily be accomplished through the plugin system. Can you imagine what the acp would be like if all these little requests were added as core features?
Can XThreads make predefine messages for specific forums?
Yes. The way xthreads works is it applies a custom template to the threads in the forum(s) of your choosing. All you have to do is select which forums you want the template applied to. It will use that template instead of the default templates.

Example: http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=289

That's just a small taste at what it can do. IMHO, xthreads is the best way to achieve what you want.