MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: wowBB? Wtf?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
actually the idea of some forums is somehow different from what we actually know.

Jive forums, the too expensive software is used actually by IDM. Have a look
they have a nice what i see as a portal.
but look at the forums listing! not that wow , neither the reading the threads:/
i know security means alot, and that's why it this product is high in price, but still not that much!!:/

regards
Dale Hay Wrote:
zaher1988 Wrote:what i found weird is some software called Jive Forums Version 3.2.8 it costs: $450 / $2500 / $7500 :/ what is that:|??

IMG: http://www.dalehay.com/i/1145052355holycow.jpg

That is some steep-lime prices!! *shocked*

That better be paper money
Well wowBB does have some thing that myBB doesn't, a price tag. Big Grin
BIG_BOSS Wrote:Can anybody tell me why anybody would want to pay $89 for this piece of crap? http://www.wowbb.com/

What does it do that myBB or phpBB doesn't? If I was going to pay I would pay for vbulletin or IPB. Seriously it is a joke. It is just basic bulletin board which has been made and some moron is hoping that some idiots will actually buy it without checking out other forum packages.

Has anybody used it? Because it looks like something I would find if I looked into the toilets of a kids nursery.
Wow. You have some serious issues. You can't accept that maybe, just maybe, the software appeals to people other than you? I'd like to see you go ahead and make software as functional as WowBB. After spending a great deal of hours or even months, I'm sure you'd have no problem just giving it away, too.

If you actually took the time to do a little research, you would see that, unlike vB, IPB, phpBB and many other solutions, WowBB is developed and maintained by just one person. No company, no sponsors, nothing.
I'm not saying your wrong, but Chris, and others, have spent 3 years on MyBB, and their willing to give away their product for free
Tikitiki Wrote:I'm not saying your wrong, but Chris, and others, have spent 3 years on MyBB, and their willing to give away their product for free
Did they initially release it under the GPL? If so, I believe they are obligated to make it free of charge.

And MyBB was still developed under a small team. WowBB was literally created by just one person. All I'm saying is that people shouldn't be calling software crap just because the creator would like to sell it.
There isen't really alot of people working on main code of MyBB.
I don't have the list but.

Anyways. MyBB is NOT GPL. But it is free.

Don't underestimate the power of opensource Wink
I do opensource aswell Wink
drygnfyre Wrote:Wow. You have some serious issues. You can't accept that maybe, just maybe, the software appeals to people other than you? I'd like to see you go ahead and make software as functional as WowBB. After spending a great deal of hours or even months, I'm sure you'd have no problem just giving it away, too.

If you actually took the time to do a little research, you would see that, unlike vB, IPB, phpBB and many other solutions, WowBB is developed and maintained by just one person. No company, no sponsors, nothing.

I wasn't questioning the ability of the creator, far from it because it does take knowledge, application and persistancy to make a php script such as a BB. But for something I would have to pay for wowBB looks like crap. However my arguement was why pay for wowBB when there are free alternatives? Granted it may have a few features that myBB doesn't have but it doesn't have any fundamental features which I require a forum must have that myBB doesn't. I can see why people would want to pay for Vbulletin and IPB and UBB but I just don't see why people would want to pay for wowBB and to be fair as the customer I am not going to pay out $90 for a BB script just because it is created and maintained by one person well done to the little guy for trying to compete with vbulletin but I will spend my money on what is right for me and what forum meets my fundamental needs not spend $90 on a forum because I envy and respect the sole trader who is trying to compete with the big companies.
I wouldn't spend money on a forum because I think myBB is such a great piece of software if I was to buy some software it would be Vbulletin or IPB, the question is "Why would someone spend money on wowBB?" So instead of randomly flaming me just answer my question.
just rip the features it does have and mod em info mybb

there.. easy fix Big Grin
BIG_BOSS Wrote:I wouldn't spend money on a forum because I think myBB is such a great piece of software if I was to buy some software it would be Vbulletin or IPB, the question is "Why would someone spend money on wowBB?" So instead of randomly flaming me just answer my question.

Why don't you ask them yourself? It seems like they have a pretty satisfied user-base.

That's the beauty of a free-market society. If someone wants to charge for something, and there is enough of a demand, then why shouldn't they? Obviously they're doing something right if they haven't had to lower their prices to compete.
Pages: 1 2 3