MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEO friendly links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like it so the URL displays the name of the topic instead of just things like:
?fid=127
to have:
?SEO-friendly-links

I noticed the google SEO plug-in on the forums, but I can't seem to implement it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Google SEO is the only SEO plugin still supported and developed by the author. If you have trouble you can post in the release thread or ask here about specific problems.
(2010-11-20, 06:03 AM)Neglect Wrote: [ -> ]I would like it so the URL displays the name of the topic instead of just things like:
?fid=127
to have:
?SEO-friendly-links

I noticed the google SEO plug-in on the forums, but I can't seem to implement it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

Try to follow the instructions step by step that are inside the folder of the plug-in.

If you have problems to modify your functions.php as I had, try to make it with the notepad++ editor. Is more easy to find where are the problems with this editor.

regards,

Guillermo

Well, I looked at them but they only specify whether the link is an announcement, post, user, thread, etc. I would rather have it display the actual 'title' of the thread name and such.

Is that possible?
Yes, that's exactly what Google SEO does.
How do I make it work though?
You have to download the plugin file, follow the instruction on the install, and then go to plugins in your admincp to enable it, click activate and install and then configure it where it redirects you. Go back to the plugin menu after, and it should give you a setup of what to put in your .htaccess file of your website directory.
Yes, I actually figured it out a while ago..but it didn't become implemented until just recently. Not really sure why there was such a delay. Oh well, thanks for everyone's help. =]