MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post installation error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After I delete the install directory(when the installation is done) and I go to the main directory, I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/blokcom/public_html/bb/global.php(355) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/blokcom/public_html/bb/global.php(497) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/blokcom/public_html/bb/global.php(498) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/blokcom/public_html/bb/global.php(499) : eval()'d code on line 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/blokcom/public_html/bb/global.php(500) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/blokcom/public_html/bb/global.php(553) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/blokcom/public_html/bb/global.php(562) : eval()'d code on line 3

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/blokcom/public_html/bb/index.php(41) : eval()'d code on line 3

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/blokcom/public_html/bb/index.php(163) : eval()'d code on line 3

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/blokcom/public_html/bb/index.php(262) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home/blokcom/public_html/bb/index.php(274) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/blokcom/public_html/bb/inc/functions_forumlist.php(361) : eval()'d code on line 3

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home/blokcom/public_html/bb/inc/functions_forumlist.php(361) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in /home/blokcom/public_html/bb/index.php(337) : eval()'d code on line 4

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/blokcom/public_html/bb/inc/functions.php(3055) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/blokcom/public_html/bb/inc/functions.php(3056) : eval()'d code on line 3

It's quite frustrating because it's happened the last 3 or 4 times I've tried to install MyBB. Dodgy
Any help?

BTW, here is the site URL: http://blok-studios.com/bb/
There's errors in the templates, download MyBB again, upload a new copy of ./install/resources/mybb_theme.xml and try and install again. Looks like for some reason only part of the template is getting inserted each time, as if it's getting truncated in the query.
Ok, thank you for replying, I'll go try that. Smile
Ok. I uploaded a fresh new copy of MyBB, and I'm not getting that parse error anymore, but rather a different error:
/home/blokcom/public_html/bb/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php does not exist

Also, when I go to the bb/admin direc. it says:
Your forum does not contain an Administration set. Please reupload the english language administration pack.
(2010-11-20, 10:49 AM)Blok Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, thank you for replying, I'll go try that. Smile
Ok. I uploaded a fresh new copy of MyBB, and I'm not getting that parse error anymore, but rather a different error:
/home/blokcom/public_html/bb/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php does not exist

Also, when I go to the bb/admin direc. it says:
Your forum does not contain an Administration set. Please reupload the english language administration pack.

Seem you miss the language pack. Check in bb/inc/languages/ and if does not exist "english" folder, you need upload it.
It does exist. I've been searching around these forums, and I have CHMOD'd some files and folders.
I can now access the ACP, but the board index still displays the error from my first post.
I go to bb/global.php and get this:
Direct initialization of this file is not allowed.

Please make sure IN_MYBB is defined.

Do I need to edit the file, or something?
Why are you going directly to global.php...??

Make sure ./inc/languages/, ./inc/languages/english/ and ./inc/languages/english/admin/ are CHMOD to 755, and the files inside these last two folders are 644 or 666.
Yes.. I've done that now.. still shows an error on the index though.
Nevermind, this is too frustrating. I'll just be on my way with phpBB3.
/facepalm

If you're getting this error, either you're missing files, or a CHMOD is wrong, that's all it can be. If the CHMOD is wrong, you must have changed it, or your host did when it was uploaded. Either way, there's nothing we can do anything about it at all.