MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Panel Acting Strange
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a strange problem after 1.4-1.6 update. My admin panel displays properly but when I try to edit templates, strange things happen. The entire bit disappears and/or many blank lines are added to the bit when I use cut and paste. It seems to do it in IE and FF and even on different PC's. I have cleared my caches and everything but it still does it! What could be wrong?? I cannot edit templates with this going on...please help! Huh
Is codepress turned on?? Try disabling it in your ACP Preferences.
Codepress was set to YES...I changed it to NO and I'm testing now...

That seemed to work! Any disadvantages to not using codepress? How could I fix it to work with it on like it used to before 1.6?
Nothing's changed with that since 1.4 so I don't know why it's only now causing a problem. CodePress is buggy though and we'll probably be changing it at some point, it's just a syntax highlighter.
I can confirm the problem with the theme editor. Update from 1.4-1.6. I wanted to disable codepress which was not possible. I can not change my personal preferences. I get the marker on top which says, that it would have changed, but infact the page displays the old values as if preferences could not be set.

ref: http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1319
Thanks Matt! I will just use as is! It does work a lot smoother than with codepress now!
Now after I fixed my problem to change preferences (was a problem with the db), I could switch codepress off and everything works now. Thanks for the reminder to switch codepress off!