MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Clickable Smilies and BB code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For some reason, the Clickable Smilies and BB code thing doesn't work. I tried re-installing the forum a few times, and it still isn't working.

If you don't know what I'm talking about here's my forums: http://forum.veopress.com/

When you attempt to click on a Smiley, it doesn't change from an arrow to the little hand, so when you click it, nothing happens.

And it's missing an editor thing. I want something either just like this website, the little editor that lets you edit Bold, italics, add image, link etc. It's also missing that.

I'm not the most experienced person with MYBB, so if you could make it as simple as you can make it, that would be great. If you can't make it simple, I'll attempt to understand with the little experience I have.
Thanks!
[Image: mybbprob.png]
*edit* I forgot to mention that Yes, on the Administrator control panel's configuration section, they are both enabled.
Can we have a test account?
Yes.
User: test123
pass: testing
Does anyone know what I need to edit/add to get these 2 features working?
You seem to have another problem with your forum, I can't login. Check your cookie settings if you could.
Can you try now?
It'll be some sort of problem with the javascript, do you have any non-MyBB javascript running on that page?
I couldn't access your forum as it was giving me a not installed error.

Are you using any other javascript on your site (such as jquery) If you are it might be conflicting causing the above behavior.

For jquery you need to add a noconflict function. Search the board here for instructions on how to do that.
@AJS- I don't believe so. All I have isntalled is the basic mybb package, and a theme downloaded from Mybb.

@G33K- My website was having some cookie issues. I knocked down the site for a little bit while I was fixing it. It should be fully up and functional now though.

more info: Even when I install a 100% fresh copy with nothing installed on it, not even a theme, the same problem persists. I got no idea what it could be.
Make sure ./jscripts/editor.js is uploaded correctly.
I'm getting a 404 not found for all your javascripts. Can you check your jscript folder and reupload the js files if they are not there.
Pages: 1 2