MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB installs into root directory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I was doing some manual updates today and when I went into my FTP client I realized my actual root directory had a lot of forum type files in it. Files that I did not specifically upload to that directory.

My forum files are in the /fourm/ directory. After installing MyBB, I got several which installed into my root /www/ directory such as:
member.php
manage.php
memberlist.php
modcp.php

and there's like 5 or so more. Question is simple, is this supposed to happen? I've never seen a forum install out of the directory you told it to install to.

I installed the forum twice as an official and test version but I don't think that would have had anything to do with it right?
Check your forum directory and see if they are also in there i would suggest back them up then delete them and if the forum functions correctly don't worry about it.
No files are saved anywhere out of the install folder you specify. Those files have either gotten copied/moved there by mistake or worse they might be malicious files. Run the verification tool in admincp and if all files are fine there, delete those ones.
Everything ran fine. They appeared to be copies of files already in the forum directory. I guess I somehow managed to do it sometimes I do silly things.
manage.php isn't even a MyBB file.
Well that's interesting then...
It doesn't 'install' to a directory anyway, it installs the database, it doesn't move any files anywhere.