MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatars auto upload to database?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where is the option to disable avatar uploading to my database?
No where. You have to remove the part of uploading in UserCP template.
A dirty trick would be to chmod the avatar upload directory to read-only, this would prevent any avatars getting uploaded.

For a cleaner solution, a plugin/core edit will be needed.
Argh! The more I use MyBB the more pissed I get at it's lack of administrative controls and functionality. I'm beginning to think simple additional posting features isn't worth all of the manual edits we've been having to do since day one!

[Image: at_wits_end.gif]

*Deep breaths... deep breaths*
Actually I just remembered...and checked

You can disable avatar upload by usergroup in the usergroup's permissions under users and permissions>can upload avatar
That's not the question though. I don't want to disable them, I want to stop them from being auto copied to my database.
Ok now I'm confused. What do you mean by copied to your database because the avatar is uploaded to a folder. Can you please explain a little more what exactly you want?
(2010-11-21, 10:44 AM)Isabel Wrote: [ -> ]That's not the question though. I don't want to disable them, I want to stop them from being auto copied to my database.

MyBB stores avatars in a folder AND the database? That's silly.
Blah, I realized I asked this question wrong. Nvm, forget it. Thanks for the help all.