MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board Settings Lots Of Un-used Category's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heres a small section of the categorys on my forum in the admin panel
Board Online / Offline (2 Settings)
MyShoutbox (18 Settings)

MyShoutbox (18 Settings)
MyShoutbox (18 Settings)
MyShoutbox (18 Settings)
PM On Registration (DennisTT) (10 Settings)
Post Ads (6 Settings)
As you can see where i've enabled and disabled the ShoutBox plugin it has created alot of categorys that aren't useful. So i'm wondering how would i go about removing them?

Side Question: How can i upgrade plugins to work on 1.6?
Side Question 2: How can i get a list of the file names of plugins that aren't compatible with 1.6?
Thanks,
One of the easiest solution I would like to say is to Go to Plugin manager and "Right Click" on the "Deactivate" link and select open in new tab. The plugin will be deactivated. Go in the settings (configuration) area and see if there are two seetings still available, then do the same above procedure two times. Your triple settings will finally remove.
Most plugins can be upgraded to 1.6 by changing the compatibility in the file from 14* to 16*, however some may need more code changes.

There's not really a list of what will and won't work, if it's on the Mods site here (not in an archive) it'll work, but as for 3rd party plugin sites, it's up to them to have lists on what will/won't work on 1.6.
No your not fully understanding, when i deactivate the plugin it leaves the category there.
How can i manually remove them?? =\
Go to ACP > Configuration > Modify Settings > **choose settings group** > Options > Delete Setting Group.

The plugin should remove them so you should also ask the author why they're not being removed.
Read post#2

Edit: Matt won Smile
Fu*king hell how i didn't see that Toungue.
Thanks for helping, also do you know of a list for the new features in 1.6?