MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backup problems.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting on a non free host tomorrow so i want to backup everything so its there when i switch hosts. To my acknowledge i supposed to back up the forum or w.e. and than do something from there. but when i try and back up the second i click preform backup it says either 502 bad bad gateway afts/0.8.53. Or the page doesn't load... Please help me i need to get this ready for the host change tomorrow morning. Thanks!
Do you have phpmyadmin access? And, access to the files?

Or, does your free host use cPanel?
lmao to be completely honest i have no idea im WAY new to all this. I am the admin of my forums if thats what you are asking yes. And i have access to delete move edit the files on my current host...
We know you're the admin of your forums, phpMyAdmin is something in your host to manage databases, you'll need to sue that if you can't backup via the MyBB ACP. You'll also need a file backup to transfer too.
How do i do this though?
Go into phpMyAdmin, choose your database from the list on the left, click the Export tab along the top, select all the tables, make sure 'Save as file' is ticked at the bottom, and then click Go.

To backup your files, download them via FTP to your computer.