MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving my forum via backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is my config.php

config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';
$config['database']['database'] = '******';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

$config['database']['hostname'] = '*****;
$config['database']['username'] = '******';
$config['database']['password'] = '******';

My database backup is taken directly from phpmyadmin not from the Database Backup in MyBB
What am I gonna do?
Run this query in phpMyAdmin:

SELECT `cache` FROM `mybb_datacache` WHERE `title` IN ('version', 'version_history');

After it's, press the '+ Options' link, then press 'Full Texts', and then Go, and then paste the two rows of results.

The only way I can see you getting this error after transferring is if you've transfered a backup of a 1.4 forum.
a:2:{s:7:"version";s:5:"1.6.0";s:12:"version_code";i:1600;}

a:17:{i:0;s:1:"1";i:1;s:1:"2";i:2;s:1:"3";i:3;s:1:"4";i:4;s:1:"5";i:5;s:1:"6";i:6;s:1:"7";i:7;s:1:"8";i:8;s:1:"9";i:9;s:2:"10";i:10;s:2:"11";i:11;s:2:"12";i:12;s:2:"13";i:13;s:2:"14";i:14;s:2:"15";i:15;s:2:"16";i:16;s:2:"17";}

this is my forum

http://www.thehdforums.tk/
Now it's saying your username/password combination isn't right. Check your database details again; only two things can trigger the original error you got about upgrading; if the cached version is older than the current file version and there's an upgrade available, or your database details are not formed properly. Going by the results of that query, it can only be the database details aren't formed properly.
well, its working now! thanks!
Pages: 1 2