MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Copyright ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

As I understand it all GNL requires is

[Image: mybbcr.jpg]

I just want to make sure I am on the same page with MyBB, so to speak.
As long as there is a linkback to MyBB, and text "MyBB" is in the footer, it is fine.
You can have an image that does the same thing, but the linkback is vital.
Thanks,

Just wanted to confirm this with MyBB.

I you removed the linkback to this site, you'll never get support.
It's GPL, and it doesn't require anything here, you're free to remove it if you want to, but we won't support you if the minimum notice isn't there. The GPL requires you to keep the original credits in the files, but doesn't require anything on the front end.
Matt,

Back in the day I was party to this issue after the author of a forum I had bought redistribution and branding rights died. He had sold or bequeathed his original rights, forgetting about me. He had cancer so I can understand his mental state. Almost in court I withdrew as just not worth it accept to the lawyers. I was told I would have prevailed because of exactly what you stated, "original credits in the files".

While I am anxious in anticipation MyBB is what I want. I hope to contribute as well. I am waiting for permission from an author to announce his app. as I am a beta tester. I think several here will appreciate it.

Thanks