MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing layout of Welcome Back area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
For my forum Private Messaging is disabled and so I'd like to remove the option from member's view on the Welcome Back line. Also, just to be more user friendly, I'd like to edit "User CP" to "User Settings".
Where/how can I do these? See attached image for a visual of what I'm trying to do.
Thanks!
[attachment=20590]
Admin CP > Templates > Click the one you're using > Header > header_welcomeblock_member > Remove:

Quote:<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> {$lang->welcome_pms_usage}
This will remove the private messaging link.

To change the user cp into User Settings, remove this:

Quote:<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php" class="usercp">{$lang->welcome_usercp}</a>

Add instead of it:

Quote:<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php" class="usercp">User Settings</a>

That should work.
If it were me, I'd change the language string rather than hardcode the new name.

ACP >> Configuration >> Languages >> Options >> Edit Language Variables >> global.lang.php >> welcome_usercp
(2010-11-22, 08:34 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]If it were me, I'd change the language string rather than hardcode the new name.

ACP >> Configuration >> Languages >> Options >> Edit Language Variables >> global.lang.php >> welcome_usercp

That also works, but for MyBB novices, they may remove something which would affect their forum as a whole.
(2010-11-22, 08:34 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]If it were me, I'd change the language string rather than hardcode the new name.

this is how i edit things
Thanks all! Done. Smile
if you edit the language files in acp you can't go far wrong and that is the way i would change things,
but each to there own.