MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Default Group On Registration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, i want to set a different group for newly registered users, how can i do that?

Also how can i move all users from one group to another?
To move members from one group to another, follow this:

Admin CP > Groups > List users > Check all > Click from the drop down box Change usergroup > Change them to your preferred ones
You'd have to edit a core file to change which group they go into. But, there's nothing stopping you renaming and changing the settings of the default Registered group to whatever you want.
(2010-11-22, 08:47 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]You'd have to edit a core file to change which group they go into. But, there's nothing stopping you renaming and changing the settings of the default Registered group to whatever you want.

Yea but then the custom settings for the forums would all need changing and i have over 100 forums =\ so that would take allot of time Toungue.
100 forums? Damn that's a lot for one person. Would you still be using the "Member" group for other people? You could edit the member group to suit your needs and move other people into a new group ?
(2010-11-22, 11:07 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: [ -> ]100 forums? Damn that's a lot for one person. Would you still be using the "Member" group for other people? You could edit the member group to suit your needs and move other people into a new group ?

You aren't understanding...
I want to make it so new members with 0 posts must post a introduction and then when they have 1 post they are moved in to the next group so they can access the rest of my forum.
OK, what i'd do is keep the member group as it is, rename it if you wish.

Then run group promotion (Defaults at every 1hr, but can be changed) and when ever they make 1 post, it'll auto move them into a group where they can post on all threads / categories.
I still think what I suggested before is your best option but you can change it on lines 96 and 760 of member.php if you really want.
Just change the registered group permission to what you want.

Shouldn't need to make a new group.
Thanks i was looking in settings.php and config.php Toungue.
Now to test it... Toungue
Didn't work =[
Pages: 1 2