MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My MyBB Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's quite long.
Back in 2006, I was looking for forums to run, and i came across 2 BulletinBoard softwares, MyBB and phpBB.
Seeing that phpBB had better features and community back then, I went with that.
But recently, one of my website coadmins with FTP access dumped phpBB3 and installed MyBB.
When I went to my website i was like "WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!?!", then I saw it said MyBB at the bottom and recalled my experience from 2006.
I complained to him about it and he told me to give it a chance, so I did.
Now I would recommend MyBB over phpBB ANY day.
amen to that
i used to use smf but now i would deffinately recommend mybb.
(2010-11-22, 10:24 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]amen to that
i used to use smf but now i would deffinately recommend mybb.
I've never even used SMF.
(2010-11-23, 12:37 AM)Cooldude170 Wrote: [ -> ]I've never even used SMF.

I don't think you'd want to, the themes are wrtten mostley in php, its not got as many default features, and their latest 2.0 has been in beta stages for over 2 years.
phpbb sucked, i used it for 3 months
(2010-11-22, 09:55 PM)Cooldude170 Wrote: [ -> ]But recently, one of my website coadmins with FTP access dumped phpBB3 and installed MyBB.

Let's hope he doesn't change his mind again.
(2010-11-23, 12:57 AM)~Rs Wrote: [ -> ]phpbb sucked, i used it for 3 months
I used it for about 3 years.
The simplest mod took 30 minutes to install, you had to edit your core files, which is dangerous, most only worked with certain styles, and the spam protection was horrible.
(2010-11-23, 12:57 AM)Andrew B. Wrote: [ -> ]Let's hope he doesn't change his mind again.
He's always been a MyBB fan, I doubt he will change his mind again.
I must admit, MyBB was horrible back in 2006, but its improved vastly,
Glad to hear that Smile
Mybb its Great Smile ^^

Thank you..
This warms my heart.
I always find it funny that people actually proclaim that other forum software is better than MyBB, sure, it might miss a feature that another forum has, but on overall terms it outmatches all it's opponments.
It's when people finally use MyBB that they start regretting their mistake.
Pages: 1 2