MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with understanding Portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I would like some help. Remember I am suffering from SMF poisoning. But I figured this was as good a place to start with MyBB, The Portal.

[Image: oportal.gif]

1. I want this omitted.

2. The link should be to the portal.

3. I am assuming this is actally the first category and if the forum <=> board remains unchanged so will this.

4. Area for image and text.

Further does portal implement themes or skins, or is it a template?

While waiting I will visit the WIKI hoping to find a SMF babelfish.Huh
1. You can't really, that's in the header template, that's the same for all pages.
2. If there's only one element in the navigation, it isn't a link.
3. Yes, you can change the forum(s) to pull announcements from, by default it's forum 2.
4. Not exactly, it'll just get filled up with more posts when there's more to show...

It 'implements' skins in the sense that it'll use whatever theme the form uses, it's just like any other page on your forum, but it's made up of templates.
It's templating matter. I believe MyBB can do this easily Wink
And I know, How difficult to modify SMF templates
FBI,

"SMF" I can not tell the number of times I started at ./themes/blahblah/languages/modifi~ and end up staring at boardindex.php. I even entertained early onset internet alzhiemers.

Matt,

let me switch to my instant gratification mode.

hTTp//:www.mybb.com ...the CMS...

[Image: mybbcms.gif]

I want THATExclamationRolleyes
That's a totally different thing to the MyBB portal, that's a custom built site.
Matt,

Okie Dokie, that explains the sub-domain "community". I can deal.

This then leads to another question or presumption. A link to the portal login from that index page.Cool I tend to over think the obvious.

Another thing checked off the list. As far as item #1 above what is the path to the header template?

Thanks
As far as item #1 above what is the path to the header template?

As far as item #1 above what is the path to the header template?

ACP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> Header Templates >> header
#1 Solved

[Image: toplink.gif]

Now I have to remember how I did it.Rolleyes
are you still using the default theme? because you wouldn't have the problem with the nav bar if you were using a different theme Smile